Too little too late.
Category : Uncategorized
Too little too late.
This is a subject that gets a lot of bad press and for the right reasons, I’m not saying people shouldn’t have the right to smoke if they want too but I honestly believe smokers are deaf to the truth the damage they are doing to themselves and this from me who is an ex-smoker and someone who has seen the sad end results of smoking.
So let’s look at the facts.
What are in cigarettes?
|nail polish remover)||
|Carbon Monoxide (CO)
(car exhaust fumes)
Harmful Health Effects of Smoking
- Every year hundreds of thousands of people around the world die from diseases caused by smoking cigarettes– Smoking KILLS.
- One in two lifetime smokers will die from their habit. Half of these deaths will occur in middle age.
- Tobacco smoke also contributes to a number of cancers.
- The mixture of nicotine and carbon monoxide in each cigarette you smoke temporarily increases your heart rate and blood pressure, straining your heart and blood vessels.
- This can cause heart attacks and stroke. It slows your blood flow, cutting off oxygen to your feet and hands. Some smokers end up having their limbs amputated.
- Tar coats your lungs like soot in a chimney and causes cancer. A 20-a-day smoker breathes in up to a full cup (210 g) of tar in a year.
- Changing to low-tar cigarettes does not help because smokers usually take deeper puffs and hold the smoke in for longer, dragging the tar deeper into their lungs.
- Carbon monoxide robs your muscles, brain and body tissue of oxygen, making your whole body and especially your heart work harder. Over time, your airways swell up and let less air into your lungs.
- Smoking causes disease and is a slow way to die. The strain of smoking effects on the body often causes years of suffering.
- Emphysema for example is an illness that slowly rots your lungs. People with emphysema often get bronchitis again and again, and suffer lung and heart failure.
- Lung cancer from smoking is caused by the tar n tobacco smoke.
- Men who smoke are ten times more likely to die from lung cancer than non-smokers.
- Heart disease and strokes are also more common among smokers than non-smokers.
- Smoking causes fat deposits to narrow and block blood vessels which lead to heart attack.
- Smoking causes around one in five deaths from heart disease.
- In younger people, three out of four deaths from heart disease are due to smoking
- Cigarette smoking during pregnancy increases the risk of low birth weight, prematurity, spontaneous abortion, and perinatal mortality in humans, which has been referred to as the fatal tobacco syndrome.
Enough facts for now???
As a Hypnotherapist I see a lot of people wanting to give up and it is part of my core business; I do 1 session usually lasting around 90 minutes to 2 hours.
Let me tell you a true story of an ex client I will call X.
X came to see me to help them stop smoking which I did in the one session. It was during this session X told me about some health problems he had though smoking and this was the reason for wanting to stop. A month after the session and still not smoking X got the results from tests he had had to have at a local hospital. X was told he had terminal cancer and only had a few months to live with NO chance of recovery. It was too little too late!!!
X told me that if they could turn back the clock they would have never tried that first cigarette. X who was not just a client but a friend which made it even harder to take the news as I also knew members of his family. I saw X over the next few months as he slowly deteriorated and couldn’t breathe without the aid of an oxygen mask. He sadly passed away and to this day it’s a great loss, I only wish X had got help 10 – 15 years earlier and maybe he would still be around today.
Smoking WAS the major cause of his cancer and their untimely passing. The truth is that smoking does not just affect the person smoking but also the family. Passive smoking is also not good for health, do you make your family smoke your cigarettes with you as well, maybe in the car with the kids in the back. Have you asked people if they want your smoke in their lungs? If the worse happens like it did to X then it the family that has to pick up the pieces.
Think about it, how would you feel if you put your family though all that pain?
If you have said to yourself “I want to stop smoking” then you have come to the right place.
I hope that this will cause you to rethink if you do smoke and think about what your health will be like in 10 years’ time. If you want to give up and are serious about changing your life for the better please book an appointment and let’s work together to get you a happy, brighter and healthy future for you and your family.
Adam Cowming CPNLP,CMH ,HPD
Beautiful Life Hypnotherapy